Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Position type: Part time (40%)
Contract type: Permanent
Start date: As soon as possible
World Health Professions Alliance (WHPA)
The WHPA brings together the global organizations representing the world’s dentists, nurses, pharmacists, physiotherapists and physicians and speaks for more than 41 million health care professionals in more than 130 countries. The WHPA works to improve global health and the quality of patient care and facilitates collaboration among the health professions and major stakeholders. WHPA facilitates collaboration among the health professions and works with major stakeholders such as governments and international organizations, including the World Health Organization. Health systems and the people who use them benefit if these organisations work in collaboration, instead of along parallel tracks. Together, the partners of the WHPA include more than 600 national member organizations, making us the key point of global access to health professionals within the five disciplines. Member organisations are: The International Council of Nurses (ICN), International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP), FDI World Dental Federation (FDI), World Medical Association (WMA) and World Confederation for Physical Therapy (WCPT).
About the position
The Manager of the WHPA Secretariat oversees the daily financial, operational and administrative management of WHPA, including:
- Facilitating the management of WHPA by supporting the WHPA Chair
- Financial administration of WHPA annual budget and report
- Developing agenda and reports for the CEOs meeting
- Directing the advocacy work of WHPA
- Being the focal point for WHPA communication
- Managing some WHPA projects
The Manager of the WHPA Secretariat reports to the CEOs of the 5 members of the World Health Professions Alliance but works most closely with the Chair which rotates between organisations annually. For administrative reasons, the manager will be employed by FDI World Dental Federation and be located in their offices at Chemin de Joinville 26, 1216 Geneva-Cointrin Switzerland.
Main duties and responsibilities
- In collaboration with the Chair, prepare the agenda and supporting documents for the CEOs meeting
- In collaboration with the Chair, prepare the minutes of the CEOs meeting
- Following up on actions arising from the CEOs meeting
- Support the institutional memory and compliance with WHPA governance and rules
- Maintain the WHPA website
- Serve as a contact point and respond to invitations received for WHPA
WHPA Advocacy work
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts of key stakeholders
- Draft and deliver joint WHPA statements of (e.g. at the WHO Executive Board meeting, World Health Assembly…) and other documents as opportunities arise, in coordination with the WHPA Members
- Formulate information and ideas clearly in writing for a wide audience
- Develop an annual budget for the WHPA
- Coordinate the call for membership fees and other incomes
- Implement the budget and report on the financial results
- Develop work plan and budget associated with a specific project
- Coordinate, and if requested, manage the project
- Native English speaker
- Excellent communication skills, particularly when dealing with an international, multilingual audience
- Ability to handle multiple projects under time and resource pressure
- Experience in working in a multicultural environment
- 3-5 years’ work experience in the area of Advocacy, project management and association management
- Swiss or valid permit to work in Switzerland.
Part-time contract – 2 day per week with opportunity to potentially increase hours in the future subject to funding and activities.
Application: interested and qualified candidates should send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com, addressed to Enzo Bondioni, Executive Director by 13 January 2022.
Please note only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted